It is the policy of the Commonwealth of Virginia that personal information about citizens will be collected only to the extent necessary to provide the service or benefit desired; that only appropriate information will be collected; that the citizen shall understand the reason the information is collected and be able to examine their personal record which is maintained by a public body.
- Does require you to provide e-mail address information, if you are interested in receiving information from the college.
- Does not provide your information to any other organization, outside of the college, or use in any unauthorized way.
- Does not require you to provide personal information to download files or reports.
- Does place a “cookie” on your computer when utilizing the MyTNCC system. TNCC does not gather any personal information from this cookie; it is used solely by this resource for purposes of authentication.
- Does place a “cookie” on your computer when participating in a BlackBoard discussion or Online Course. TNCC does not gather any information from this cookie; it is used solely by the application to thread discussions and navigate the site.
- Does place a “cookie” on your computer to gather information on what webpages are being accessed most to help in the navigational structure of the website. Individual information will not be used or distributed.
- Does track activity, on a per-click basis, for all users, across all pages on this site. This information is recorded anonymously and is not distributed to any organization outside the college.
The views and opinions expressed in any individual web page are strictly those of the author and/or publisher. Any comments on the contents of any individual web page should be sent via e-mail to the responsible party through the e-mail address at the bottom of the page.
All parties storing materials (including but not limited to HTML files, images, audio, video, scripts, and programs) on the college web server represent and warrant to Thomas Nelson Community College that the installation, copying, distribution, and use of such materials in connection with the TNCC web site will not violate any other party’s proprietary rights and that these materials do not contain any libelous or defamatory statements.
Thomas Nelson Community College is not responsible for any errors in the materials provided on the college web server. All materials maintained on the college web server are provided “as is” with no warranties of any kind.
Thomas Nelson Community College does not guarantee that the college web server will function error-free or uninterrupted.
Thomas Nelson Community College will not be liable for any damages of any kind, including consequential or incidental damages, arising from the submission, installation, maintenance, transmission, copying, modification, distribution, or use of any materials.
Note: A “Cookie” is defined as a text file, placed on a visitor’s computer by a website, used for the purposes of authentication and tracking.