Welcome to Thomas Nelson Community College.
Founded in 1967, Thomas Nelson Community College (TNCC) is the fourth largest community college in the Virginia Community College System with an enrollment of more than 15,000 students annually. TNCC is a two-year institution of higher education and is accredited by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges.
The College has two campuses in Hampton and Williamsburg, Virginia and a satellite site in Newport News, Virginia. The first building on our newly constructed Historic Triangle campus in Williamsburg has just opened. Located in one of the fastest growing areas of Virginia, this new state-of-the-art 120,000 square-foot facility offers spacious classrooms, a learning resources center, a full-service bookstore and our latest professional degree program, Dental Hygiene, which is destined to have a major impact in the region upon opening in 2010.
We take great pride in providing access to quality higher education and exceptional career training to prepare students for a global society. At Thomas Nelson, we are a community of learners. Our faculty and staff are committed to student success.
As you tour our website, please notice the wide range of course offerings we afford. We offer courses leading to certificates in arts and sciences, associate degrees, occupational/technical training opportunities and preparation for transfer to baccalaureate degree programs at four-year colleges and universities.
Further, our programs are tailored to support the Commonwealth’s economic development and contribute to the economic vitality and quality of life of those we serve in Hampton, Newport News, Poquoson, Williamsburg, and the counties of James City and York.
Thomas Nelson is strongly committed to helping our students EXPLORE opportunities for growth, EXCEL in their career paths, and ultimately SUCCEED in life.
Dr. John T. Dever, President
- All College Day Remartks (August 16, 2013) (pdf)
- Workforce Training Programs Interview (video)
- Impact of Virginia’s Visionary Heritage, August 17, 2013, Daily Press Op-Ed
- Higher Education A Worthwhile Journey, February 10, 2013, Daily Press Op-Ed
- About President Dr. John T. Dever
- VCCS Achieve 2015 / TNCC 2015 Goals
- Presidential Inauguration Ceremony (October 12, 2012)
- Inaugural Address (October 12, 2012) (pdf)
- Inaugural Address Excerpts appearing in The Daily Press (November 4, 2012)
- All College Day Remarks (August 16, 2012) (pdf)