New Student Orientation is a fun and interactive way to learn about programs of study, academic and student support resources, transferring to a four-year institution, and student life.
New Student Orientation is a program for all students with no prior college or university enrollment (excluding dual enrollment). As a new student, you are required to attend a New Student Orientation session. Orientation sessions are offered at both the Hampton and Historic Triangle campuses.
- Complete Thomas Nelson Admissions Application
- Prepare for and take the Virginia Placement Test, or receive placement test waiver
- Apply for financial aid or set-up Tuition Payment Plan
- Bring a photo I.D.
- Receive academic advising for your first semester
- Register for classes and obtain class schedule
- Participate in sessions on navigating the Student Information System (SIS), financial aid/veteran services, and tuition payment
- Participate in a campus tour
- Get your Student ID
- Apply for and pick up your parking pass
- Purchase textbooks
- Attend class
- Make and attend an academic planning appointment with an academic advisor
Upcoming Orientation Sessions
How to Sign-up
- Select one orientation date listed below
- Click the link for the chosen date
- Complete the registration form
- Arrive on time to your scheduled registered orientation session
Espada Room, Moore Hall
600 Butler Farm Road
Hampton, VA 23666