New Student Orientation is a fun and interactive way to learn about programs of study, academic and student support resources, transferring to a four-year institution, and student life.
New Student Orientation is a program for all students with no prior college or university enrollment (excluding dual enrollment). As a new student, you are required to attend a New Student Orientation session. Orientation sessions are offered at both the Hampton and Historic Triangle campuses.
- Complete Thomas Nelson Admissions Application
- Complete Virginia Placement Test
- Apply for financial aid or Set-up Tuition Payment Plan
- Bring a picture I.D.
- Bring your Virginia Placement Test results and Applicant Information Form
- Have your Thomas Nelson Student ID number
- Receive academic advisement
- Register for classes and obtain class schedule
- Participate in sessions on navigating the Student Information System (SIS), financial aid/veteran services, tuition payment, and advising
- Participate in Campus Tour
- Obtain your parking decal and Student ID card and student parking permit application
- Pay for your classes
- Obtain your textbooks
- Check your student VCCS email account weekly
- Start classes and have a successful semester!
How to Sign-up
- Complete the online Registration Form, select one session only.
- Print a copy of your registration form.
- Arrive on time to your scheduled registered orientation session.
Espada Room, Moore Hall
600 Butler Farm Road
Hampton, VA 23666
- Tuesday, July 11, 9 a.m. – 1 p.m.
- Saturday, July 15, 9 a.m. – 1 p.m.
- Wednesday, July 26, 6 p.m. – 8 p.m.
- Wednesday, August 2, 9 a.m. – 1 p.m.
- Tuesday, August 8, 9 a.m. – 1 p.m.
- Saturday, August 12, 9 a.m. – 1 p.m.
- Tuesday, August 15, 6 p.m. – 8 p.m.
Historic Triangle campus
Library, Room 100M
4601 Opportunity Way
Williamsburg, VA 23188
- Thursday, July 6, 6 .p.m – 8 p.m.
- Wednesday, July 12, 9 a.m. – 1 p.m.
- Wednesday, July 19, 6 p.m. – 8 p.m.
- Wednesday, August 9, 9 a.m. – 1 p.m.