- Go to the link below and complete the required information.
- At the login, click Student Self Registration
- Enter the following on the Student Registration Page:
- Institution: Select VCCS Practice Test Institution
- Site: Select VCCS Practice Test
- Site Password: Virginiapt
- Complete the rest of the Student Registration Form noting the following special exceptions.
- Student ID: Use “vw” followed by any combination of numbers and letters.
- Email Address: Do not use your TNCC email address for this field.
- If available, an alternate email should be used so that you can receive an auto-generated email containing the username and password info to resume the practice test if it is isn't completed in one sitting.
- Click Submit
- You will see five practice test links; select the appropriate test for you needs.
- VPT-English Practice Exam: Addresses the content of English Units 1-6, and 8
- VPT-Math Practice Exam 1: Addresses the content of MTE 1-5.
- VPT-Math Practice Exam 2: Addresses the content of MTE 6-9.
- VPT-Math Practice Calculus without Trig: Addresses Calculus content without Trigonometry.
- VPT-Math Practice Calculus with Trig: Addresses Calculus content with Trigonometry
- Note: The VPT-English Practice Exam does not contain an essay, but please keep in mind you will be required to write an essay when taking the actual VPT-English Assessment.
- Click on the blue test name link after completing the practice test in order to view the score report.
- Your test results will take the form of a bar graph. Any bar 60 percent or better means you would pass that Unit/Skill on the actual placement test.
Virginia Placement Test - Practice Test Instructions
It's not too late to register. 8-week classes start March 12 Browse
Testing Centers will be closed on Friday, February 16
Walk-In Testing Hours
|M||8 a.m. – 8 p.m.|
|T||8 a.m. – 7 p.m.|
|W||8 a.m. – 7 p.m.|
|TH||8 a.m. – 8 p.m.|
|F||8 a.m. – 5 p.m.|
Historic Triangle campus
|M||8 a.m. – 7 p.m.|
|T||8 a.m. – 5 p.m.|
|W||8 a.m. – 5 p.m.|
|TH||8 a.m. – 7 p.m.|
|F||8 a.m. – 5 p.m.|