Hands on Caregiver Class
If medical issues seem to take over your live, turn to this class for assistance. This 5-hour class covers many questions families encounter when caring for a loved one at home:
- How can we make our home safer and more comfortable?
- How can we keep track of all the medications?
- How do we help with moving from bed to chair or wheelchair?
- What are some common social and psychological needs?
- Who can help when we have questions?
Please view our current schedule on the continuing education page for dates and times, or call 757-825-2937.
Location: Allied Health Lab, Room 307, Thomas Nelson Community College, Historic Triangle campus (4601 Opportunity Way, Williamsburg, VA
Cost: $35 for both sessions. (Red Cross books, practice materials and lunches are provided by local sponsors.)
Register by calling 757-258-6591. (Respite care and scholarships available). Family Caregiver Program Flyer
A collaborative project of the Senior Services Coalition, Community Action Plan on Aging, Center for Excellence in Aging and Geriatric Health, American Red Cross, Comfort Keepers, Colonial Heritage Community Foundation, Riverside School of Health Careers, and Thomas Nelson Community CollegePrint Page