TNCC Workforce Development medication aide training provides instruction for safe administration of medications to clients in assisted living facilities under the supervision of a registered nurse or a Licensed Practical Nurse.
The program includes 48 hours of classroom theory, supervised hands-on lab skills, and 20 hours of clinical experience in an Assisted Living Facility. Upon completion of this course the students will be able to:
1) Provide safe administration of medications to clients in assisted living facilities;
2) Maintain aseptic conditions
3) Understand basic pharmacology
4) Facilitate client self-administration or assisting with medication administration;
5) Follow proper procedure for preparing, administering, and maintaining medications; and,
6) Follow appropriate procedures and documentation and reporting to the licensed healthcare professional on duty.
Location: TNCC Williamsburgcampus
Please view the schedule on the continuing education page for dates and times, or call 757-825-2937.