The Hampton Roads Automobile Dealer’s Association (HRADA) Scholarship, established in 1995, is intended to pay tuition, fees, and books for selected students in TNCC’s Comprehensive Automotive Technology associate degree program. This scholarship is appropriate for both new and returning students.
- High school graduate with a GPA of 2.5 or better;
- Virginia resident;
- Possess a demonstrable automotive technology ability;
- Have and maintain a good driving record when entering and while participating in the program;
- Students who remain in good standing must work for a participating HRADA member starting the second year while attending classes on a part-time basis; and
- Award recipients must agree to accept employment at a participating HRADA dealer (if offered) at the rate of one calendar year of employment for each academic year of financial assistance. In addition to standard Application Packet include
- A copy of DMV driving record; and
- A statement of nomination from a person involved in the automotive technology field who can attest to your knowledge, skills, and potential in this area.