The Robert and Gail Astor Scholarship was established in 2014 to assist students transferring to a fully accredited, four year public college or university in Virginia.
- Be a United States citizen
- Be enrolled in a college/university transfer program at Thomas Nelson Community College
- Have successfully completed 30 credit hours prior to the semester in which the scholarship award would begin
- Have earned a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Provide documentation of intent to transfer to a fully accredited four year public college or university in Virginia, either by submitting a copy of the college/university letter of intent, or the Thomas Nelson letter of intent from the Dean of Student Services or Director of Advising and Transfer.