Welcome to Thomas Nelson's Emergency Medical Services (EMS) resources page for students, faculty, staff, sponsoring agencies and clinical and field affiliates.
Program offerings for Emergency Medical Technician (EMT), Paramedic and Associate of Applied Science Degree in Emergency Medical Services, as well as opportunities to test at the AEMT and Intermediate certification levels. Students gain a solid foundation through comprehensive classroom and hands-on experiences in order to prepare them as an EMS provider. Classes are offered to be accessible to students who have varying schedules.
Learn more about our Advanced Standing Credit for Certified EMS Providers policies.
If you still have questions or would like additional information, please contact us at (757) 825-2808 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Current Student Information/Clinical Notification Line: (757) 825-3505
- Physical Examination Form
- EMT Student Background Check Information
- Paramedic Student Background Check and Drug Screen Information
- Drug Screen Only Information (Paramedic Students with a Completed Background Check within the Previous 12-Months)
- Peninsulas Emergency Medical Services Council (PEMS)
- Virginia Office of Emergency Medical Services
- National Registry of Emergency Medical Technicians
- Virginia EMS Provider Portal
Special Accreditation Status
The Thomas Nelson Community College Paramedic program has been issued a Letter of Review by the Committee on Accreditation of Educational Programs for the Emergency Medical Services Professions (CoAEMSP). This letter is NOT a CAAHEP accreditation status, it is a status signifying that a program seeking initial accreditation has demonstrated sufficient compliance with the accreditation Standards through the Letter of Review Self Study Report (LSSR) and other documentation. Letter of Review is recognized by the National Registry of Emergency Medical Technicians (NREMT) for eligibility to take the NREMT's Paramedic credentialing examination(s). However, it is NOT a guarantee of eventual accreditation.
To contact CoAEMSP:
8301 Lakeview Parkway Suite 111-312
Rowlett, TX 75088