Published: February 4, 2011
Thomas Nelson Community College’s (TNCC) Financial Aid Office is starting the authorization process for financial aid to be applied toward students’ tuition, fees and bookstore charges for the spring 2011 term. TNCC officials advise students who used financial aid funds to purchase books and supplies to keep the following important points in mind:
- Students who are enrolled in a combination of sessions (i.e., 16-week, second eight-week, third five-week, etc.) will experience a delay in the processing of their refunds. For example, there is a separate census date for classes that occur in the second eight-week session which means the Financial Aid Office is unable to process refunds for those students until after the second eight-week census date which is March 23. Students may check their class schedules to see when their classes begin and refer to the academic calendar available online at www.tncc.edu.
- The Financial Aid Office must review every financial aid recipient to verify enrollment. If the enrollment has changed from the initial award, a student’s award must be adjusted to their actual rate of enrollment. For example, if a student received a Pell Grant at full-time status, but is actually enrolled half-time, the student’s award must be changed to half-time enrollment.
- After enrollment verification, Financial Aid begins the authorization process to disburse funds in the following sequence: scholarships (both private and college scholarships), student loans, and federal and state grants. The College anticipates starting this process by mid February.
- After authorization is completed for each aid program, TNCC’s Business Office applies the funds to students’ tuition, fees and bookstore charges. If a student has money remaining, a refund check will be requested for that individual. Processing of refund checks takes seven to 10 business days and the State Treasury Office in Richmond will mail the checks to students.
- Refund checks are sent to the address that a student has on file with TNCC. College officials advise students to access MyTNCC and confirm their mailing addresses or update their information to reflect changes of address. Students may also monitor their accounts to view when financial aid was applied toward their account and when the refund check was requested. For assistance accessing accounts, contact the Help Desk at 757-825-2709 or email@example.com. Help with accessing accounts is also available in Wythe Hall, Room 249 on the Hampton campus.
|Category: Student Information||Tags: deadline, financial aid, money, refunds|