Published: February 2, 2012
Super Saturday, a free financial aid workshop for college-bound and returning college students of all ages, takes place Feb. 4 from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. at Thomas Nelson Community College (TNCC) in Templin Hall on the Hampton campus. Sponsored by the Virginia Association of Student Financial Aid Administrators, the event is open to the public.
TNCC is among more than 60 sites across Virginia holding Super Saturday. Financial aid counselors will be on hand helping students and their parents complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). Plus, students may register to win a $100 scholarship for textbooks. To complete FAFSA during the event, students and parents must bring the following:
- U.S. Department of Education Personal Identification Number
- Social Security Numbers
- Driver’s License (if available)
- 2011 W-2 Forms
- 2011 Federal Income Tax Returns
- 2011 Family’s untaxed income records
- Family’s current bank statements
- Family’s current investment records
- Alien registration card (if not a U.S. citizen)
For more information about Super Saturday at TNCC, contact site coordinator Eric Hairston of Newport News Public Schools at 757-881-5461. For more information about FAFSA, visit www.fafsa.ed.gov.
|Category: Events, General News, Student Information||Tags: FAFSA, financial aid, Super Saturday, workshop|