The college archives documents the history and the development of TNCC, including its governance and administration, student life, and development of the College buildings and grounds. The college archives are housed in file cabinets in TNCC Library.
The College Archivist is responsible for receiving materials and for maintaining the College Archives. Documents can be forwarded to the College Archivist through campus mail or electronically to ude.c1427507300cnt@s1427507300evihc1427507300ra1427507300.
Materials Included in the Archives
- College Institutional Records. The approved minutes or reports of any committee, taskforce or division.
- Significant publications of the College, to include: Catalogs, Self-Study, Faculty and Adjunct Faculty handbooks (including revisions), Thomas Nelson Administrative manual (including revisions), Any current official newsletters, School newspapers, Commencement programs, Student publications.
- Any external documents which pertain to TNCC, to include, SCHEV publications, VCCS Curriculum guides, SACS guidelines.
- Newspaper articles specifically about TNCC or the professional activities of TNCC personnel.
Materials Not included in the Archives
- Confidential Information (such as employee or student records)
- Memorabilia, framed pictures, photographs, certificates or three dimensional objects.
Use of the Archives
The Archives collections are located in the library Technical Services office and are available by appointment only. The College Archivist is available to assist the faculty, staff or patron with research. Please call Ext. 3529 to request help or to set up an appointment. Archive materials and documents are not available for check-out. Everyone must use the materials in the Library. Documents may be photocopied. Students and patrons may use them under staff supervision.