Emergency Medical Services
Scope – Sources for research on Emergengy medical services and technology.
Call number areas to browse:
- RA645.5-645.9 (Emergency medical services)
- RC86-88.9 (Medical emergencies. Critical care. Intensive care. First aid)
Keywords to search:
EMT, paramedics, first aid, emergency medicine, disasters, trauma, emergencies, critical care, medical emergencies, critical care, wounds, injuries, emergency medical technicians, emergency medical services
Subjects to search (Library of Congress):
Clicking on a subject heading will take you to a subject search in the Library catalog.
- Automated external defibrillation
- CPR (First aid)
- Critical care
- Critical care meditine
- Emergency medicine
- Emergency medical technicians
- First aid in illness and injury
- Medical emergencies
PERIODICAL AND NEWSPAPER ARTICLES IN THE LIBRARY
ONLINE JOURNALS & INDEXES – Access to the subscription-based resources from off campus is available for TNCC faculty, staff, and registered students through the use of a proxy server. Click the link for instructions. Remote Access
- Emedicine: Emergency Medicine – An online textbook on emergency medicine written for medical practitioners and the public. Articles provide an introduction to the subject, clinical explanations, differentials, workup, treatment, medication, follow-up, bibliography, and test questions.
- EMS Responder.com – online home of EMS Magazine. Provides EMS news and training for paramedics and EMTs, as well as other prehospital practitioners and public safety responders
- emtcity.com – forums, news, chat, and other resources for emergency medical personnel
- Federal Emergency Management Agency – Information includes emergency preparedness and training materials, a news bank, and post-disaster government resources.
- Injury Control Resource Information Network – Sponsored by The Center for Injury Control (CIC), an interdisciplinary, comprehensive program involving emergency medicine, public health and injury prevention. The main index has a large array of resources including injury-specific sites, federal and state agencies, statistical resources, and links to publications.
- Journal of Emergency Medical Services – Electronic version of the print publication contains a table of contents, articles and commentary from past issues.
- NAEMT Online – The National Association of Emergency Medical Technicians provides this site as a service to the EMS community. There is information about association divisions, news groups, and other EMT-related sites.
- National Registry of Emergency Medical Technicians (NREMT) – The Nation’s EMS Certification. NREMT develops standards for competent EMS practice and measuring individuals against that standard. The NREMT works in cooperation with state EMS officials, who issue licenses to EMS professionals.