Print Management Policy
Print Management (SAM) Policy
- Patrons must create a printing account at a Library Payment Center using either a library card barcode or a temporary printing account barcode in order to print.
- Library Payment Centers only accept one and five dollar bills, change (no pennies), and credit cards.
- All money is deposited to the patron account. There are no refunds and no change is available to patrons after loading money onto a print account.
- Patron copies will only be reimbursed for a hardware or TNCC system failure (i.e. the printer jams).
- The SAM client will not be installed/apply to staff or faculty machines.
The college will be switching to a new print management system in January 2014. The new system, WEPA™, is a cloud printing network that will enable students to upload documents from any internet connection and then print them anywhere a WEPA™ kiosk is located. The kiosks can also print documents directly from a USB thumb-drive.
In order to phase out current print accounts the maximum amount students can put onto their accounts has been lowered to $5. On November 1st, this amount will be further lowered to $3. Students should manage their printing in order to use up whatever money is on their accounts by the end of the semester. Information on establishing new accounts for the WEPA™ system will be posted in December.