Location: Wythe Hall Room 253, Hampton Campus
Staff: Susan Graves, (757) 825-2804, ude.c1416566056cnt@g1416566056nirot1416566056ut1416566056
Fall Semester 2014 Hours
- Mondays: 8:00 am – 1:00 pm and 2:00–6:00 pm
- Tuesdays: 8:00 am – 10:45 am and 12:15–6:30 pm
- Wednesdays: 8:00 am – 1:00 pm and 2:00–6:00 pm
- Thursdays: 8:00 am – 10:45 am and 12:15–6:30 pm
- Fridays: 8:00 am – 12:00 pm
Hours for Thanksgiving Week
- Mon, Nov 24: 8:00 am – 1:00 pm and 2:00–5:00 pm
- Tues, Nov 25: 8:00 am – 10:45 am and 12:15–5:30 pm
- Wed-Fri, Nov 26-28: CLOSED
Historic Triangle Campus – please call (757) 825-2804 during the hours listed above to inquire about tutoring services at the Historic Triangle Campus.
The Peer Tutoring Center provides free peer tutoring services for currently enrolled Thomas Nelson students. Students must be enrolled in the Thomas Nelson credit class for which they are seeking assistance. Tutoring is not guaranteed for every subject and depends on the availability of qualified tutors.
Request a Peer Tutor:
Students desiring tutoring must fill out a Peer Tutoring Request Form giving your name, phone number, student ID number, course number and days and times of availability. The Peer Tutoring Specialist will be in touch to discuss tutor availability.
Tutors work on an appointment basis and all tutoring is done on campus.
Please read this document before your first appointment: Notice to all Students Requesting Tutoring
Become a Peer Tutor:
If you are a currently enrolled Thomas Nelson student and are interested in becoming a peer tutor, you must have completed the course for which you want to tutor, generally with an “A”. Please view our job description and fill out an application if you meet the qualifications.
Selected Internet Resources for Tutorial Help:
- Math.com – The world of math online.
- Science Niche
- Note Taking Skills from the Academic Resource Center at Sweetbriar College.
- Physics Classroom – Physics help.
- Calculus on the Web – Calculus, Algebra and Number Theory.
- S.O.S. Mathematics – Math review material from Algebra to Differential equations.
- MERLOT – Multimedia Educational Resource for Learning and Online Teaching.
- Shodor Interactive – Over 100 Java-based interactive math lessons.