Peer Tutoring Center
Location: Wythe Hall Room 253, Hampton Campus
Staff: Susan Graves, (757) 825-2804, email@example.com
Spring Semester 2014 Hours
- Mon-Thur: 8:00 am – 1:00 pm and 2:00 pm – 6:00 pm
- Friday: 8:00 am – 12:00 noon
Historic Triangle Campus – please call (757) 825-2804 during the hours listed above to inquire about tutoring services at the Historic Triangle Campus.
The Peer Tutoring Center provides free peer tutoring services for currently enrolled Thomas Nelson students. Students must be enrolled in the Thomas Nelson credit class for which they are seeking assistance. Tutoring is not guaranteed for every subject and depends on the availability of qualified tutors.
To request a tutor, you must fill out a Tutor Request Form giving your name, phone number, student ID number, class, section and days and times of availability. The tutors work on an appointment basis and all tutoring is done on campus. Bring the form to the Tutorial Learning Center to be scheduled with a tutor.
Please read these documents before your first appointment:
If you are a currently enrolled Thomas Nelson student and are interested in becoming a tutor you must have completed the course for which you want to tutor, generally with an “A”. The Peer Tutoring Center manager will also schedule a personal interview with you and verify that you meet certain GPA criteria.
Thomas Nelson Students with disabilities may request assistance from LRC Staff. Based on need, students may be referred to the Disabled Students Services Office.
Selected Internet Resources for Tutorial Help:
- Math.com – The world of math online.
- Science Niche
- Note Taking Skills from the Academic Resource Center at Sweetbriar College.
- Physics Classroom – Physics help.
- Calculus on the Web – Calculus, Algebra and Number Theory.
- S.O.S. Mathematics – Math review material from Algebra to Differential equations.
- MERLOT – Multimedia Educational Resource for Learning and Online Teaching.
- Shodor Interactive - Over 100 Java-based interactive math lessons.