Thomas Nelson Community College Workforce Development has full-time staff solely dedicated to providing educational assistance to military personnel, their dependents, and civilian service personnel stationed at Fort Monroe, Fort Eustis, Langley Air Force Base, Yorktown Naval Weapons Station and the Coast Guard Training Center at Yorktown.
Thomas Nelson Military Career Specialists provide comprehensive services including onsite registration and admission assistance, as well as advising and counseling.
- Thomas Nelson maintains SOC agreements with the Army, Navy and Coast Guard.
- Thomas Nelson provides General Education courses for Airmen seeking to obtain the Community College of the Air Force Degree.
- Financial aid advising staff is available for enlisted personnel accessing benefits through TA and veterans using the GI Bill.
- Thomas Nelson provides in-state tuition rate for all military personnel and spouses for those stationed in Virginia.
- Thomas Nelson partners with the U.S. Army to offer online classes through GoArmyEd.com. This collaboration allows Army service personnel stationed throughout the world to enroll in Thomas Nelson credit programs.
Active Duty Services
Military Pathways provides free, anonymous mental health and alcohol self-assessments for family members and service personnel in all branches including the National Guard and Reserve. The assessments help create a picture of how an individual is feeling and whether they could benefit from talking to a health professional.
Military OneSource is provided by the Department of Defense at no cost to active duty, Guard and Reserve (regardless of activation status) and their families. It is a virtual extension of installation services. Visit Military OneSource today or call 1-800-342-9647.
Money Management Resources
The Consumer Financial Protection Bureau: Staff at the Office of Service Member Affairs at the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau are there to see that military personnel and their families have a voice at the “CFPB.”
- Learn more about their programs and services
- VA Announces Disaster Assistance After Tornado Outbreaks
- 360 Degrees of Financial Literacy (American Institute of CPAs) Understand budgeting, saving and investing is a first step toward financial freedom.