On-campus Dual Enrollment is available for home-schooled and high school students who wish to earn college credit in courses that are not currently offered in their high school through In-school Dual Enrollment. Students will take classes on campus at Thomas Nelson.
- Complete an online admission application. Upon submission, you will receive a Thomas Nelson student ID number. Please make note of this number for future use.
- Provide an official high school transcript which must include a projected graduation date. A transcript is considered official when it is in an unopened envelope.
- Home-schooled students must also provide the following:
- A copy of the Home School Agreement approved by the School District for the current or upcoming academic school year or
- A letter from the local school board for the current or upcoming academic school year
- Demonstrate college readiness through the completion of the Virginia Placement Test or submission of applicable standardized test scores.
- Meet with a Dual Enrollment Coordinator to complete the necessary student enrollment forms, be advised, and register for the appropriate courses. High school students are not permitted to self-enroll.
- Once registered, students are responsible for all tuition, fees, and textbook costs. Payment must be made by the published deadline.
This process must be followed each term a student participates in the Dual Enrollment program. Once the student graduates from high school, they will transition to an Advising Center and can complete and subsequent enrollment.