Jump Into A Cool Career
This 160-hour course is designed to give students the knowledge and skills needed to work in the Heating, Ventilation and Air Conditioning (HVAC) industry. You will learn industry terminology, proper use of tools and test instruments, and techniques that will make you much more employable and profitable to prospective employers.
Tuition - $2,649
Location: Goodwill Support Center, 1911 Saville Row, Hampton, Virginia
Hands on exercises include:
- Assemble and install duct work including properly sealing and insulating of ducts
- Install refrigerant line sets using proper brazing procedures
- Install properly graded drain lines
- Connect high and low voltage wiring
- Install a thermostat
- Perform evacuation and start up procedure
- Use a recovery machine to remove refrigerant from a system prior to repair, replacement, or disposal
- Use a multi meter to check voltage, amperage, and continuity
- Use a manifold gauge set and digital thermometer to check suction pressure, head pressure, superheat, and sub cooling
Additionally you will learn basic trouble shooting and repair techniques which are needed to work in the HVAC industry. This course prepares students for the EPA certification exam on the Federal Clean Air Act – Section 608 which is required to purchase or handle refrigerant.
Register for classes using the Thomas Nelson Workforce Development Online Registration System.