Learn the required skills to help protect the national infrastructure against digital threats from around the world including industrial espionage, state sponsored cyber-attacks, and other malicious activity. Discussion of appropriate terminology, security methodology, limiting factors, and other influences on critical SCADA/ICS systems. This course also covers Industrial Control Systems and SCADA cybersecurity vulnerabilities, threats and mitigating controls. This course provides hands-on analysis of control system environments allowing students to understand the environmental, operational and economic impacts of attacks like Stuxnet and supporting mitigating controls. Hands on exercises for testing these systems:
- Design a ICS / SCADA Security Policy
- Implement access control to field devices with Microsoft Active Directory
- Intercept and analyze Modbus/TCP network traffic with a sniffer
- Initiate unauthorized commands to field device
- Setup and configure a Modbus/TCP firewall
Register for classes online using the Thomas Nelson Workforce Development registration system.