Security + Certification
Security+ Certified Professional
Earning a CompTIA Security+ certification demonstrates proof of knowledge and expertise in security topics, such as communication security, infrastructure security, cryptography, access control, authentication, external attack and operational and organization security. Companies in every industry, government agencies, and businesses that do government contract work benefit from Security+.
Prerequisite: Successful completion of A+ Certified Technician and Network+ Certified Professional or equivalent is required before entering the course.
WCG & FANTIC Grant approved
Passing the CompTIA Security+ certification exam validates your ability to:
- explain the security functions of common network devices and technologies
- apply and implement secure network administration principles & procedures
- implement and configure a wireless network in a safe and secure manner
- identify security threats and perform risk mitigation activities
- understand applicable policies, laws and regulations of IT security
- explain the impact and proper use of environmental controls
- understand data cryptography and can apply cryptographic tools
- explain the concepts of user authentication, authorization & access control
- exemplify the concepts of data Confidentiality, Integrity & Availability - a.k.a. the "CIA Triad"
- identify and analyze common attacks, e.g., social engineering, malware, application & wireless attacks
Register for classes using the Thomas Nelson Workforce Development Online Registration System.