Become a precision welder at one of the top training facilities in the Mid-Atlantic region. Competitively priced, Thomas Nelson’s welding program offers small, interactive classes, allowing welding instructors to provide individual attention to trainees.
- Qualify for a high paying welding career in a few weeks (average starting wages $13-$14 per hour with rapid increases to over $20)
- Receive concentrated hands-on welding training in an accelerated learning environment from the region’s best welding instructors
- Welding courses and workshops in SMAW (stick), FCAW (flux-cored), GMAW (MIG), GTAW (TIG) and Pipe
- Qualify for employment with manufacturing and welding companies throughout the region
- Job placement support is provided
- A Certified Welding Inspector (CWI) is on staff for those seeking certification in welding
- Instructors normally work with up to 8 students.
Already a welder? Upgrade your skills with welding programs designed specifically for you.
Thomas Nelson is an American Welding Society (AWS) Accredited Testing Facility (ATF).
Thomas Nelson’s Welding Center is the only Accredited Testing Center in the region.
Qualify and test for the AWS Welding Certification
- Earn more money
- National Certification transfers nation wide
- Open the doors to more job opportunities
For more information about welding training or the AWS Welding Certification call 757-865-3122.
Welding Certifications available under Workforce Credentials Grant Program:
- Flux Core Arc Welding (FCAW)
- Gas Metal Arc Welding (GMAW)
- Gas Tungsten Arc Welding (GTAW)
- Shielded Metal Arc Welding (SMAW)
- Pipe Welding
Register for classes using the Thomas Nelson Workforce Development Online Registration System.