Published: October 18, 2012
Priority Registration for currently enrolled students starts Monday, October 22 – Sunday, October 28, 2012. Advising Week begins Monday, October 22 – Thursday, October 25.
Spring 2013 Advising
As a currently enrolled student you have been assigned to a faculty member or a designated area to receive advising. Students have been assigned a faculty member for academic advising based on the following criteria:
- No Developmental English course required
- Completion of 15 college-level credits or more
- A 2.0 grade point average (GPA) or higher
1) Designated cycle to meet with assigned advisor: Monday, October 22 – Monday, November 26
- Please follow the instructions emailed to you from your assigned advisor to schedule an appointment to discuss your Spring 2013 class schedule.
- If you are assigned to the Advising Area, in Room 324, a counselor will be available during Advising Week ONLY from 10:00 am – 7:00 pm for Academic Advising.
- If you delay meeting with your assigned faculty member and need advising assistance after November 26, you can see a counselor in Room 324, Hastings Hall on Thursdays ONLY from 10:00 am -7:00 pm.
2) When meeting with your assigned faculty/counselor/advisor, please bring a copy of the following items:
- Student Plan
- Academic Planning Worksheet
Locating your assigned advisor or area is easy! Log into MyTNCC (enter Username & Password), click on Student Center, and in the right hand column in blue, directly below the information regarding Open Enrollment, you will see the name of your assigned advisor or one of the following areas you may have been assigned:
- Advising Area – Hampton: (located in Room 324, Hastings Hall)
- Counseling Center – Hampton: (located in Room 201, Griffin Hall)
- Academic Advisors – 225 Griffin- Hampton: (located in Room 225, Griffin Hall)
- Counseling Center – Williamsburg Campus: (located in Enrollment Services)
3) The following information can be accessed from the website:
- Student Plan (Academic Advisement Report) – Log into MyTNCC, click Student Center and under Academics, click Plan, then Plan By Requirements.
- Degree Audit Sheets – Available on the Degrees and Programs section of TNCC.edu
4) To assess the effectiveness of your advising session, please take a few minutes to complete the Academic Advising Survey.
Your success is important to us! If you have any questions concerning priority registration or advising, please contact the Hampton Campus at (757) 825-2800, the Historic Triangle Campus at (757) 253-4755 or the Southeast Center at (757) 283-7820, ext. 8. If you need additional assistance, please contact the Welcome Center, Room 221-I, Griffin Hall on the Hampton Campus.
|Category: Student Information||Tags: academics, advising, enrollment, priority registration, registration, spring 2013|