Tuition and Fees
Summer 2014 Tuition and Fees
Out of State
|Capital Facility Fee||$18.00||$18.00||$18.00|
|Total Per Credit Hour||$131.00||$325.60||$149.00||$209.00|
An additional Comprehensive Fee of $15.45 is charged per student:
- Auxiliary Parking Fee: $10.95
- Institutional Fee: $5.50
- Student Activity Fee: $8.90
- Summer 2014 Tuition Deadline: Friday, May 2, 2014. Payments currently being accepted. If you did not obtained a student parking permit or photo ID card during the Fall 2013 or Spring 2014 terms, both will be available beginning Thursday, May 1, 2014 for the Summer 2014 term.
- Fall 2014 Tuition Deadline: Friday, July 11, 2014. Payments will be accepted for the Fall 2014 beginning Tuesday, July 1, 2014. Tuition rates effective for the Fall 2014 will be posted once the State Board of Community Colleges announces the approved rates.
- Fall 2014 parking permits and Student ID cards will be available beginning Monday, July 14, 2014. The online parking application will be available beginning Tuesday, July 1, 2014.
Other important resources:
- Net Price Calculator : How much does it cost to attend Thomas Nelson?
Methods of Payment» Tuition Payment Plan» Third Party Contracts / Tuition Assistance» Tuition Refund Policy» Bad Checks and Past Due Obligations»
Online: You can pay your tuition online using a Visa, MasterCard, American Express or bank account at www.tncc.edu/mytncc.
- VCCS SIS: Student Information System > Self Service > Student Center and then click on “Go to QuikPAY”
In person: Tuition can be paid in person on the Hampton Campus at the Cashiers Window in Diggs Hall outside Room 109 or at the Cashiers Window Room 116 in Williamsburg. We accept cash, money orders, checks, VISA, MasterCard and American Express. Checks and money orders must be payable to Thomas Nelson Community College.
By Mail: Checks or money orders made payable to Thomas Nelson Community College may be sent to:
Thomas Nelson Community College
99 Thomas Nelson Drive
PO Box 9407
Hampton, VA 23670
Please note: If you mail your payment, there is no guarantee that it will be received by the tuition due date.
To help meet students’ educational expenses, TNCC has partnered with NelNet Business Solutions to offer a monthly tuition payment plan. For a non-refundable fee, the NBS Tuition Payment Plan allows you to have your tuition and fees payment automatically deducted from your checking or savings account or charged to your credit card. Different payment options are available dependent on tuition plan enrollment date. Click the links below for more information.
Thomas Nelson Community College accepts agency/employer Billing Authorization Letters / Tuition Assistance forms for tuition and fee costs. If the authorization form is presented to the Cashiers before the tuition due date, you will not have to pay tuition and the college will bill your agency/employer. If your sponsor does not agree to be obligated for the full cost of tuition and fees, you are responsible for paying the remaining portion of the tuition. Any unpaid amounts will put you in jeopardy of being dropped from all classes that you have enrolled in. The College will not accept authorizations from agencies/employers that are contingent upon acceptable student grades and/or employment status.
If your class is canceled or you officially withdraw from the college or drop individual classes by the “drop with a refund” date using the process set forth in this college catalog, you will receive a full refund, within six to eight weeks after the “drop with refund date”. Please refer to the academic calendar for the specific dates for each session.
- TNCC does not issue partial or pro-rated refunds.
- If a class was paid at the cashier’s window by cash, check, or credit card a refund check will be mailed to the student, from the Commonwealth of Virginia’s Department of the Treasury to the address on file in TNCC’s Student Information System (SIS).
- If a class was paid online using the WEB, the refund will be batch processed back to the credit card used.
- You may also bring the same credit card to the cashier’s window to receive the refund to your credit card.
- Enrollment cancellation does not guarantee you will be dropped from class for non-payment of tuition.
- Questions regarding Tuition and Fees for TNCC? Please contact the Cashiers Office(757) 825-3560 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Continued attendance at the College is dependent upon proper settlement of all debts owed the institution. A check not honored by the bank on which it is drawn is considered to be a bad check, regardless of the reason initially provided by the bank. In the event that the bad check results from a bank error, the bank must acknowledge this fact in writing before the student can be relieved of the obligation. A $15 processing fee for tuition and fees and a $20 processing fee for books will be imposed for each bad check. Such future payments must be made either by cash, money order or credit card.
A student who has a financial obligation to the College, for any reason, beyond the due date, or who has books or materials outstanding from the Learning Resource Center beyond the due date will be denied all services, including the issuance of transcripts and permission to register. If the student’s obligation involves an unpaid bad check for tuition, the student will be deleted from all classes. For all other outstanding obligations, it is established college policy to pursue the collection through the debt set-off program involving a student’s state tax refund and the use of a collection agency. If an obligation is sent to a collection agency, the student must pay the collection fee.
Paychecks of students in the College work-study program or employed by the College may be withheld until the obligation is paid or some other arrangement is established to satisfy the obligation.