Phone: (757) 825-3524
Career Coaches are community college employees who are based in local high schools to help high school students define their career aspirations and to recognize community college and other postsecondary programs, including apprenticeships and workforce training, that can help students achieve their educational and financial goals.
The fundamental purpose of the Thomas Nelson Career Coach Program is to empower students to make informed decisions about their career and educational plans and to prepare students for success in postsecondary education and training. While the day-to-day functions of a career coach vary according to local needs, major responsibilities include:
- Facilitating the development of individual career plans and portfolios.
- Administering and providing interpretation of career assessments, such as the Virginia Education Wizard.
- Relating information on careers and related employment.
- Connecting students to early college programs such as Dual-enrollment.
- Easing the transition of students from high school to postsecondary education and the skilled workforce
|Career Coach Contact Information:
Erin Nobile: ude.c1432299716cnt@e1432299716elibo1432299716n1432299716
Service Area: Newport News Public Schools
M-TH, Heritage HS and Achievable Dream 757-928-6100
Joyce Watson: ude.c1432299716cnt@j1432299716nosta1432299716w1432299716
Nichole Adkins: ude.c1432299716cnt@n1432299716snikd1432299716a1432299716
Suzy Lindley: ude.c1432299716cnt@y1432299716zusye1432299716ldnil1432299716