The Thomas Nelson-W&M Co-Enrollment Program allows students to prepare for guaranteed admission to the College of William and Mary while completing an associate degree at Thomas Nelson. Co-enrolled students complete up to five (5) three- or four-credit courses at W&M as part of their associate degree progress. Besides a guarantee of admission to W&M (upon successful program completion, described below), co-enrollees enjoy other benefits, including:
- payment of Thomas Nelson tuition rates for their W&M co-enrollment courses
- an early opportunity to explore and grow comfortable with the W&M campus
- a valuable, early experience with the level of academic challenge offered at W&M
- exposure to the cultural stimulation of W&M’s diverse and active campus
For detailed information about the Thomas Nelson-W&M Co-Enrollment Program, please contact:
Thomas A. Rockson
To be eligible for co-enrollment, students must:
- enroll in a transfer Associate of Arts or Associate of Science degree program at Thomas Nelson, excluding the Associate of Science in General Studies program,
- complete at least 15 credit hours of general education courses toward the Thomas Nelson associate degree; course work must be completed at Thomas Nelson, subsequent to graduation from high school,
- maintain a minimum GPA of 3.5 in those initial general education courses.
The ideal co-enrollment candidate is a mature, hard-working, self-motivated learner prepared for the challenge of taking college-level courses at two different schools simultaneously. Applicants should carefully consider whether they have the time and ability to travel regularly between the campuses of Thomas Nelson and W&M, to take all co-enrollment courses on the W&M campus during daytime hours, and to devote a considerable number of their weekly hours to study.
Interested students should contact the program coordinator (see above) for application materials and further information about program admission.
Program graduates will earn guaranteed admission to W&M as degree candidates if they have:
- remained continuously enrolled at Thomas Nelson until receiving the associate degree,
- completed the Thomas Nelson degree within the past three years prior to matriculation at W&M,
- earned at least 45 of the credit hours required for the associate degree through the Virginia Community College System since graduation from high school; credit hours earned at W&M during co-enrollment will be included in this total,
- completed successfully at least four courses, each carrying three or four credit hours, at W&M, with a grade point average of not less than 2.7 (on a 4.0 scale) in those courses,
- achieved a cumulative grade point average of not less than 2.7 (on a 4.0 scale) at Thomas Nelson
For a full description of program requirements, contact Thomas Rockson, Program Coordinator:
- Email: ude.c1422604342cnt@t1422604342noskc1422604342or1422604342
- Phone, Hampton Campus: (757) 825-3819
- Phone, Historic Triangle Campus: (757) 258-6645