Published: September 15, 2010
Capitalize on opportunities in today’s business climate with strategies used by successful business leaders. Thomas Nelson Community College (TNCC) Workforce Development connects businesses and their employees with the seminars, training, and certifications taught inside the nation’s Fortune 500 companies.
Upcoming workshops at the Discovery Center for Economic and Workforce Development in Williamsburg are as follows:
- The Easy Way to Productivity: Do you need more time to devote to projects? Learn the secrets used by highly effectively leaders to manage meetings, e-mails and other tasks in this two-session workshop. 4 – 6 p.m., Tuesday, September 21 & 28 ($95)
- Homeowner Association Law: Whether you are an association member or leader, this class untangles the web of legal policy/procedure, including full disclosure actions, recourses, packets and more. 5-6 p.m., Saturday, September 25 ($69)
- Apprenticeships 101: Did you know the state offers a 30% tax break for companies offering an apprenticeship program with TNCC? Join us for this session to learn how TNCC can customize an apprenticeship program for your business. 5-6 p.m, Monday, September 27 (Free)
- Improving Work Habits (VitalEDU): Absenteeism, repeated tardiness, dress code and conduct violations — this session prepares team leaders to address these issues in a supportive manner. 12:30-1:30 p.m., Every Friday in October. (Free)
- Safety in the Workplace: Utilizing online and in-class training, this two-session workshop covers OSHA rules, personal protection equipment, lockout/tagout procedures and more. 6-9 p.m., Thursday, October 14 & 21 ($75)
Call (757) 345-2855, (757) 345-2823 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to register. The Center is located at 5308 Discovery Park Boulevard, Suite 102 in Williamsburg’s New Town area. Visit www.tncc.edu/workforce for additional information.
|Category: Workforce||Tags: discovery center, jobs, training, williamsburg, workforce|