Published: September 13, 2010
Now that school has started and census has passed for the 16-week session, the Financial Aid Office has begun the process of authorizing financial aid to be applied toward tuition and fees and bookstore charges, if you used financial aid to purchase your books and supplies.
There are a couple of things to keep in mind:
- Students who are enrolled in a combination of sessions (16-week, eight- week 2, five-week 3, etc.) will experience a delay in their refunds being processed. For example, there is a separate census date for classes that occur in the eight-week 2 session. In this example, we are unable to process refunds for those students until after the eight-week 2 census date which is October 28, 2009. Check your class schedule to see when your classes begin and refer to the Academic Calendar available at www.tncc.edu.
- The Financial Aid Office has to review every financial aid recipient to verify their enrollment and if it has changed from the initial award, we are required to make adjustments to reflect actual enrollment. For example, if you were awarded a Pell Grant as a full-time student, but are actually enrolled half-time, we will need to make adjustments to your fall award.
- After enrollment is verified, Financial Aid begins the authorization process to disburse the financial aid funds. We follow this sequence: scholarships (both private and college scholarships), student loans, then federal and state grants. We expect to begin this process Monday, September 27, 2010.
- After authorization is completed for each aid program, the Business Office will apply the funds to your tuition and fees, bookstore charges and if you have money remaining, they will request a refund check for you. Your check will be mailed from the State Treasury Office in Richmond.
- Refund checks will be mailed to the address that you have on file with Thomas Nelson Community College. Check your My TNCC account to confirm your mailing address. You can also monitor your My TNCC account to view when your financial aid was applied toward your account and when the refund check was requested. If you are unsure as to how to access your account, contact the Help Desk by phone at 757-825-2709, by email at firstname.lastname@example.org, or by stopping in Wythe Hall, Room 249 on the Hampton Campus.
|Category: Student Information||Tags: announcements, financial aid, notice, refunds|