Become a Certified Professional
The On Ramp program will pay for training, tuition and books you for the region’s in-demand careers in a short period of time for free. If you have been laid off at no fault of your own, the On Ramp program can provide you with free training through certificate or job training programs.
To qualify for the On Ramp program you must be:
- 18 years of age and older
- Eligible for Unemployment Benefits
- Dislocated Worker (laid off through no fault of your own)
- Select a certificate program linked to an in-demand career
- Select a program of study that requires less than two-years of study
- Complete the Financial Aid Eligibility process
Train for free in an in-demand career as a:
- Apartment Maintenance Technician
- Clinical Medical Assistant
- HVAC Technician
- Truck Driver
- Fiber Optics
Don't Miss This Opportunity:
Fiber Optics class begins June 5
Welding classes available
The On Ramp program is supported by funding from the Department of Labor.
For additional questions contact the On Ramp Coordinator at (757) 865-5873.