New Student Orientation is a fun and interactive way to learn about programs of study, academic and student support resources, transferring to a four-year institution, and student life.
New Student Orientation is a program for all students with no prior college or university enrollment (excluding dual enrollment). As a new student, you are required to attend a New Student Orientation session. Orientation sessions are offered at both the Hampton and Historic Triangle campuses.
- Learn about Thomas Nelson and the resources available to help you succeed
- Take a campus tour (day sessions only)
- Learn how to navigate the Student Information System (SIS)
- Register for classes for your first semester
How to Register for New Student Orientation
- Click the link below
- Select the date, time and campus you want to attend
- Complete the registration form
- Arrive on time to your scheduled orientation session
Wythe Hall – Library Lab, Room 228
99 Thomas Nelson Drive
Hampton, VA 23666
Historic Triangle campus
Library, Room 100M
4601 Opportunity Way
Williamsburg, VA 23188
If you need to take the Virginia Placement test or get waived from testing, please visit Griffin Hall, 208 at the Hampton Campus or Student Services at the Historic Triangle Campus. If you have already taken the Virginia Placement Test or been waived from testing, please head to the appropriate advising center to get help with registering for classes. Locations for the different advising centers can be found here https://tncc.edu/advising/teams.