eCampus Mission Statement
Thomas Nelson Community College's eCampus provides access to academically rich distance learning programs, courses, and services.
eCampus Vision Statement
The Peninsula’s premier provider of distance education and services.
- On-Campus (Optional), Mary T. Christian Auditorium: 5 – 6 p.m.
- Spring 2020 session - January 3, 2020
- Summer 2020 session - May 15, 2019
- Fall 2019 - August 15 (View via FB Live (recording available after session))
- On-Campus (Optional) Historic Triangle, Room 233: 6 - 7 p.m.
- Fall 2019 - August 19 & 20
- Online Orientation
What is Distance Learning?
Distance Learning takes place when an instructor and students are separated by physical distance, and time. Thus, technologies are used to bridge the instructional gap. Distance Learning allows students to take classes whenever and where ever they choose.
How are Distance Learning Courses Delivered?
All Distance Learning courses at Thomas Nelson Community College are delivered via Canvas as of Summer 2019, a web-based course management system. Canvas uses tools that help students manage documents, take tests and communicate with their instructors through discussion boards, video conferencing and email.
Current Students needing assistance should contact the IT Help Desk
Send questions or comments to:
The Office of Academic Affairs
Harrison Hall 9A