Welcome to Thomas Nelson's Emergency Medical Services (EMS) resources page for students, faculty, staff, sponsoring agencies and clinical and field affiliates.
Program offerings for Emergency Medical Technician (EMT), Paramedic and Associate of Applied Science Degree in Emergency Medical Services, as well as opportunities to test at the AEMT and Intermediate certification levels. Students gain a solid foundation through comprehensive classroom and hands-on experiences in order to prepare them as an EMS provider. Classes are offered to be accessible to students who have varying schedules.
Are you a certified Paramedic? Would you like to earn a college degree in Emergency Medical Services? Allow us to tell you how you can earn college credit for your current Paramedic certification, learn more about our Advanced Standing Credit for Certified EMS Providers policies.
If you still have questions or would like additional information, please contact us at (757) 825-2808 or email@example.com.
Register for courses at www.tncc.edu.
Spring 2018 Program Manuals
- Emergency Medical Technician Program - Spring 2018 Courses
- Paramedic Program - Spring 2018 Co-Hort - Historic Triangle Campus
Fall 2017 Program Manuals
- Emergency Medical Technician Program - Fall 2017 Courses
- Paramedic Program - Fall 2017 Co-Hort - Hampton Campus
Student Program Resources
Current Student Information/Clinical Notification Line: (757) 825-3505
- EMS Medical-Physical Examination Information Packet and Forms
- EMT Student Background Check Information
- Paramedic Student Background Check and Drug Screen Information
- Drug Screen Only Information (Paramedic Students with a Completed Background Check within the Previous 12-Months)
Student Web Resources
- National Registry of Emergency Medical Technicians (Establish Account and Test Application)
- Virginia EMS Provider Portal (Establish Account and Required OEMS Course Registration)
- Peninsulas Emergency Medical Services Council (PEMS)
- Virginia Office of Emergency Medical Services
Program Faculty and Staff Resources
- Lab Instructor Manual
- Lab Instructor Manual Affirmation Form
- Lab Instructor Schedule
- Lab Instructor Timesheet (save and then submit)
- Faculty and Staff Handbooks (Lab Instructors Reference/Classifed Staff Handbook)
- VCCS Chancellor's ACA Directive and Workload Calculation Chart
Clinical and Field Affiliate Resources
Special Accreditation Status
The Thomas Nelson Community College Paramedic program has been issued a Letter of Review by the Committee on Accreditation of Educational Programs for the Emergency Medical Services Professions (CoAEMSP). This letter is NOT a CAAHEP accreditation status, it is a status signifying that a program seeking initial accreditation has demonstrated sufficient compliance with the accreditation Standards through the Letter of Review Self Study Report (LSSR) and other documentation. Letter of Review is recognized by the National Registry of Emergency Medical Technicians (NREMT) for eligibility to take the NREMT's Paramedic credentialing examination(s). However, it is NOT a guarantee of eventual accreditation.
To contact CoAEMSP:
8301 Lakeview Parkway Suite 111-312
Rowlett, TX 75088