STUDENT GOVERNMENT ASSOCIATION (SGA) ELECTIONS
Applications for SGA Officers and Student Senators are currently being accepted. The deadline to apply is Wednesday, September 15 2021 at 11:59 PM. Elections will be held on Thursday, September 16, 2021 from 12:00 pm to 11:59 pm via ballot sent to student email accounts.
SGA Officer Positions: President, Vice President and Secretary/Treasurer
Successful applicants for each Student Government Officer position must meet the following criteria as verified by the Office of Student Life and Leadership:
• Current cumulative GPA of at least 2.75.
• Must be in good disciplinary standing with the college.
• Active member of a club/organization at Thomas Nelson Community College
• A student, who is an officer in a club/organization, specific to Thomas Nelson, must resign his/her club office by the beginning of his/her term as an SGA officer. Term of office will be from the date of election to the end of the spring semester following their election.
• Any Officer whose GPA falls below 2.75 will be removed from office.
• Duties include maintaining office hours, serving on campus-wide committees as designated, representing the students of Thomas Nelson to the college administration and fulfilling specific duties associated with the office as outlined in the SGA Constitution.
SGA Officer Application: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1bQD7DlgS2AIV8nJsEq9XQPCrSkE0ChRWzlRXa76VFsI/viewform?c=0&w=1&usp=mail_form_link
Student Senate Positions: Hampton Campus Senator (12), Historic Triangle Campus Senator (3)
Successful applicants for the Student Senate positions must meet the following criteria as verified by Student Life and leadership office:
• Current cumulative GPA of at least 2.50
• Must be in good disciplinary standing with the college
• Any Senator whose GPA falls below 2.50 will be removed from office.
•Current Senators who meet the qualifications may retain their seats for the next academic year.
•Current SGA Officers may seek membership on the Student Senate and will automatically be seated for the next academic year.
•Term of office shall be from the election date through the end of the spring term following their election.
• Student Senate meetings are held twice monthly via Zoom video conferencing. Attendance at meetings is mandatory to remain in good standing with the Student Senate.
•The Student Senate will elect from among its membership the Speaker of the Senate who will chair all meetings for the academic year and serve as a member of the SGA Executive Committee.
If links do not open, please copy and paste URL to your web browser.