Howmet Corporation is a premier manufacturer of components for the jet aircraft, gas turbine, and other advanced-technology industries. They are also a major supplier of raw materials and equipment to the investment casting industry, and excel in finished goods processes that include contract management, hot isostatic pressing, machining, and thermal coating.
- Virginia resident;
- Graduate of one of the public high schools in the Thomas Nelson service area, which includes the cities of Hampton, Newport News, Poquoson, and Williamsburg, and the counties of James City and York;
- Minimum high school GPA of 2.0;
- Enrolled and maintain full-time student status; and
- Registered in a technology field related to work done at Howmet Corporation.
In addition to the standard Application Packet include:
- Letter of recommendation written by a teacher; and
- Statement of nomination, usually written by the student's guidance counselor, not to exceed two single-spaced typewritten pages which include:
- A description of the ways in which academic excellence has been demonstrated, and
- A description of extracurricular activities and/or civic work.