The National Society of Leadership and Success promotes the development of leadership skills and helps students discover and achieve their personal aspirations. This foundation of achievement supports members in creating positive change within themselves and in the greater community. Members must have completed 12 semester hours of Associate degree coursework with a 2.75 – 3.49 GPA and be in good academic standing. Membership is by invitation only.
The NSLS is the largest leadership honor society in the United States. Our NSLS chapter at Virginia Peninsula Community College was started in 2015. Our local chapter is part of the national organization with 700+ chapters and over 1.4 million members. Students are selected based on exemplary academic achievement. As of 2021 we have 1,154 members who have access to:
- More than $400,000 in scholarships.
- An exclusive NSLS job board.
- A personalized letter of recommendation.
The NSLS leadership program teaches the interpersonal skills that employers seek to give you an edge in the job market. Hear directly from current members as they share how their experience has changed their life.
If you become a member, some of the other benefits are:
- Learn from exceptional leaders like former President Barack Obama during exclusive Speaker Broadcasts.
- Meet new friends and make lifelong connections (on-campus and virtually).
- Overcome challenges with success coaches shortcutting your way to success.
- Access to private networking events.
Visit the NSLS website to learn more about and accept your nomination.
What do I have to do to become inducted?
Our five-step program takes approximately 12 hours over the course of the semester at your pace.
Is this recognized on campus?
We are a Registered Student Organization (RSO). As of 2021, we had 1,154 in our chapter and there are more than 1.4 million members nationwide.