Need help completing the FAFSA? FAFSA Fridays are here. Thomas Nelson Financial Aid and Veteran Services will host a FAFSA Workshop the first Friday of each month as follows:
- April 5 10 a.m. - 2 p.m., Room 117, Historic Triangle campus, Williamsburg
- May 3 10 a.m. - 2 p.m., Room 209, Griffin Hall, Hampton campus
- June 7 10 a.m. - 2 p.m., Room 117, Historic Triangle campus, Williamsburg
Students who complete and submit their 2019-2020 FAFSA by April 15 and have registered for the fall 2019 semester will be entered into a drawing to receive a $500 gift card to the Follett Bookstore.
The FAFSA for next academic year (fall 2019, spring 2020 and summer 2020) became available online on Oct. 1, 2018. To begin your application, go to https://fafsa.ed.gov/ and click "Start a New FAFSA." Our school code is 006871.
- You can complete the FAFSA using information from the 2017 tax information.
- Watch our quick video to learn more about how you’ll benefit from using prior-prior year income data.
You may also want to view or print this FAFSA checklist which tells you what information and forms you need to have on hand to help you fill out the FAFSA.
- The Priority Date for state aid consideration is May 1. Complete your FAFSA before this date to get priority consideration for financial aid from Thomas Nelson Community College.
- If you have already completed the 2019-2020 FAFSA, we will plan to begin processing applications April 2019.