- Restricting public access to both campuses in Williamsburg and Hampton for at least the next two weeks, until March 30. Campus facilities are closed to the public during this period;
- Online services will continue to be available through myTNCC and Navigate. Transcripts may be ordered online via Parchment. Students should contact their advisors via email to arrange for a phone or Zoom advising session. Advising staff is listed on the Thomas Nelson Advising page website;
- Food pantries at both campuses will be open beginning March 17 on a limited basis. Please check the TNCC website for hours and other information;
- Continuing to shift student coursework to virtual or alternative instructional delivery starting March 23. Students will be contacted by instructors to discuss alternative instructional delivery options. Face-to-face interactions are suspended until at least March 30;
- Transitioning eligible employees to telework for at least the next two weeks until March 30. Employees should consult with supervisors to determine eligibility and to discuss options. We are making every effort to ensure employees are not disadvantaged by this situation;
- Cancelling all gatherings and mass events of 50 or more people for the next 60 days;
- Thomas Nelson will be closed for deep cleaning on Friday, March 20 and March 27. All offices will be closed;
- Students and employees are expected to check their Thomas Nelson e-mail accounts regularly for updates.
This is a dynamic and evolving public health situation. The College will continue to actively monitor recommendations from the CDC and the Virginia Department of Health and respond accordingly. Keep up with the latest news related to COVID-19 and Thomas Nelson by visiting tncc.edu and the Thomas Nelson Emergency Preparedness page.
As a community, let's work together to engage in the preventative behaviors including recommendations made by the CDC at the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) website.