In addition to the Re-employing Virginia Tuition Voucher (REV) initiative, other financial aid is available for those wanting to enroll at Thomas Nelson Community College for the upcoming spring semester.
The state launched REV in late October allocating $27 million in CARES Act funds to the Virginia Community College System for distribution to its 23 schools. This initiative was aimed at making community college possible for Virginians unemployed or underemployed due to COVID-19.
The offer has allows applicants who qualify to be awarded up to $3,000 to cover tuition for community college or workforce programs in five essential industries -- health care, information technology, skilled trades, public safety and early childhood education.
The state funding opportunity received an overwhelming response, but many were not eligible. Recognizing this, Thomas Nelson officials want to reassure all Peninsula residents seeking college classes or career training that higher education is still within reach. Thomas Nelson provides numerous funding options for new and returning students.
Options include federal and state financial aid (including grants), Thomas Nelson Educational Foundation scholarships, veteran and active duty education benefits, workforce development assistance and the Thomas Nelson Community College Payment Plan.
“Our Financial Aid team encourages you to complete the 2020-21 FAFSA application if you want to be considered for any assistance,” stated Marc Vernon, director of Financial Aid and Veterans Affairs at Thomas Nelson emphasizing that applicants should select the 2020-21 FAFSA, but can also complete FAFSA for next year (2021-22).
In-depth information about various financial aid options at Thomas Nelson is available online.
- FAFSA application: https://studentaid.gov/h/apply-for-aid/fafsa
- Financial Aid department: https://tncc.edu/pay/aid
- Financial Aid FAQs: https://tncc.edu/pay/aid/faqs
- Grant programs: https://tncc.edu/pay/aid/grants
- Educational Foundation scholarships: https://tncc.edu/admissions/scholarships
- Thomas Nelson Workforce Development: https://tncc.edu/workforce/financial-assistance
More info: call (757) 825-4070 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Active Duty Military: https://tncc.edu/military/active
- Veterans Services: https://tncc.edu/military/veterans
Visit tncc.edu to learn more about Thomas Nelson’s classes and career training offerings for spring 2021.