Thomas Nelson’s Tutor Zone has partnered with Brainfuse to offer free 24/7 access to online tutoring for all currently enrolled students beginning July 1. Accessible through students’ Canvas courses, the service provides live tutors and other online learning resources.
Eve Walker, Tutor Zone coordinator, said Brainfuse replaces SmartThinking, a similar service the College has used the past few years. Brainfuse gives students a wealth of valuable tools.
- Students will be able to connect with a tutor in most subjects through Brainfuse's Live Help feature.
- Students can submit written assignments and receive feedback within 24 hours via Brainfuse's Writing Lab.
- Students can take advantage of Brainfuse's Language Lab to build vocabulary and work on their language skills with a live tutor.
- Students may use a bank of flashcards to study various topics, and even create their own flashcards.
- Students can use Brainfuse's LEAP Learning Platform to take diagnostic tests and follow study plans with specific lessons.
- SkillSurfer lets students prepare for entrance tests, like TEAS.
Walker is planning an information blitz including posters, flyers, emails and more to familiarize students and faculty with Brainfuse. Be on watch for these promotional materials throughout the College.
Additionally, an in-depth article about Tutor Zone offering Brainfuse is coming soon on Thomas Nelson's website.