Students currently enrolled in career and technical associate degree programs with plans to enter the workforce immediately after graduating with this credential are eligible to apply for the News Century Workforce Pathway Scholarship through Phi Theta Kappa. Applicants must have a minimum 3.5 GPA and be enrolled in at least six credit hours.
Two finalists will be chosen from Thomas Nelson Community College and will compete to be one of 50 students recognized nationally for a New Century Workforce Pathway Scholarship totaling $1,250. Monetary awards can be used for things like furthering their education, obtaining necessary certifications or purchasing tools and other trade items needed to enter the workforce.
Applications are due online at scholarships.ptk.org by 6 p.m. on Nov. 15.
Please share news of this exciting scholarship opportunity with students. Instructions to apply online are as follows:
Phi Theta Kappa members -
- Log in using your Phi Theta Kappa username (email at the time of membership and password).
- If you have forgotten your log in, follow the steps on the log in page for “Forgot Password.”
Non Phi Theta Kappa members -
- Visit ptk.org, select “LOGIN” at the top of the screen, then click the “sign up for free access” link located on the right side of the page.
Once you're logged in -
- Select the link that says “Begin Now” on the “Fall Scholarship Application” and
follow the instructions to complete the eligibility quiz and application
- The application is a Common Application and all Phi Theta Kappa members may also apply for separate Phi Theta Kappa scholarships at the same time as these scholarships.
Review of on-campus applications will take place Nov. 16-30, finalists will be chosen and submitted for the national competition. The Dec. 1 deadline listed on the website is for Thomas Nelson to submit nominees.
Direct questions to Thomas Nelson’s Phi Theta Kappa Advisor Dr. Valerie Burge-Hall at (757) 825-3641 or email@example.com.