The Outstanding Employee of the Year nominations are now open. Each year Thomas Nelson Community College's Educational Foundation sponsors five awards to be given to five high-contributing employees.
- Full-time Faculty Member $1,000
- Full-time Administrative Faculty $1,000
- Full-time Classified Employee $1,000
- Wage (P-14) Employee $500
- Adjunct Faculty Member $500
The deadline for nominations is Jan. 12. Any Thomas Nelson faculty, staff or administrator can make a nomination. Please click here to submit a nomination. Information received in support of nominations will remain confidential except the name of the individual selected.
- Contributions significantly in support of the College's mission by initiating new and innovative ideas, programs, policies and/or procedures;
- Performs duties and responsibilities above expectations;
- Makes special contributions of time, effort, and creativity to the College;
- Demonstrates exemplary human relations skills;
- Fosters an environment of mutual respect and shared governance;
- Demonstrates dedication to Thomas Nelson, the Virginia Community College System and the Commonwealth of Virginia;
- Exhibits a high level of leadership and cooperation in working with students, co-workers, and the general public
- Maintains active involvement in local community activities.
Winners from the past three years are not eligible for nomination. Past winners 2015 through 2017 include Pamela Wood, Patrick Thompkins, Isidoro Kessel, Josyln Allison, Brittany Sawyer, Renee Peterson, Beth Dickens, Linda Haugh, Cheryl Whipple, Ilze Nix, Miya Miles, Ursula Bock, Hollis Pruitt, Caley Kammermann and Scott Debb.
The 2018 winners will be announced during the Annual Employee Awards Ceremony on April 26 in Templin Hall's Dr. Mary T. Christian Auditorium at the Hampton campus. Save the date.
Please direct questions about Outstanding Employee of the Year recognition to Interim Human Resources Director Donna Norman at normanD@tncc.edu.