While Spring 2021 textbook rental titles are not due yet, we wanted students to be informed of their options for returning textbook rentals.
Spring 2021 rental books are due back to the TNCC campus bookstore, in-person (Hampton campus bookstore only) or shipped via mail to either Hampton bookstore or Historic Triangle bookstore, by the rental due date of MONDAY, MAY 10, 2021.
In Person (Hampton campus bookstore only during the dates May 3 to May 10 excluding weekends): At the Hampton campus bookstore ONLY - May 3-10 students can return their textbook rentals to the Hampton campus bookstore. Textbook rentals can be returned between 9 a.m. - 3 p.m. The bookstore is CLOSED on weekends. Students can go to the curbside pickup area of the parking lot and follow instructions on the curb-side pickup sign. Students MUST submit their rental textbook with their rental packing slip OR legibly write their patron ID, first and last name, phone number, and email address on a piece of paper. Students should ensure that rental textbook(s) are protected from water damage due to inclement weather.
NOTE: Students will have to get out of their car and bring textbook rental to a designated area that will be communicated by the bookstore associate. Shipping Rentals Back to Store: (Hampton and Historic Triangle bookstores) Students may ship their textbook rentals using the shipping carrier of their choice to either the Hampton bookstore or the Historic Triangle bookstore. Shipping cost is at the student's expense. We recommend selecting a trackable service. Students MUST submit their rental textbook with their rental packing slip OR legibly write their patron ID, first and last name, phone number, and email address on a piece of paper. Important: to ensure your rental returns are correctly processed to your rental account, follow the steps below to generate your rental packing slip (this is NOT a shipping label). Your packing slip is crucial to include in your box – it identifies you, what you’re returning, and where to send your rentals.
1. Sign in to TNCC bookstore website - tnccshop.com OR tncchtshop.com using the email address you used to order your textbook. If you haven’t set up a password, click “Forgot Password?” to reset. Then click My Account < Rentals.
2. Upon sign in, you will be directed to the “Rentals” page in “My Account”.
3. Scroll down to view Rental History. Click the “Return by Mail” button (or “Return All Rentals by Mail” link), a pop up will open.
4. Follow the steps to print your packing slip. Print 2 copies, one to go in your box, the other to take to your shipping carrier as it has the store address. The student is responsible for paying the carrier any fees to ship the rental textbook back to the bookstore.
5. Take note of your tracking # (if provided by the carrier).