April 1, 2020 – In continuing efforts to mitigate the spread of COVID-19, Thomas Nelson is stringently following state and local guidance to ensure the wellbeing of our community. In these unprecedented times, the College strives to provide as much information as possible to keep our students, faculty, staff and community aware and prepared.
In compliance with Virginia Governor Northam’s Executive Order 55, effective March 30, 2020, the College has extended the public access restriction to its facilities through at least Friday, June 12, reopening on Monday, June 15, unless amended or rescinded by further executive order. The College is taking the following measures effective immediately:
- Campus facilities in both Williamsburg and Hampton will remain temporarily closed to the public through at least June 12, reopening on Monday, June 15, unless amended or rescinded by further executive order. Thomas Nelson offices remain operational, and employees who can work remotely will continue to telework. Employees should continue to be in touch with supervisors for their assignments;
- Campus Food Pantries in Williamsburg and Hampton closed March 25 until further notice. This is an unfortunate decision, but necessary to protect the health and safety of customers and staff at this time;
- Student coursework will continue virtually, or through alternative delivery through the end of the semester. Students should continue to work with their instructors to discuss instructional delivery options. Additional resources for online learning are available at tncc.edu/students;
- Student services remain available online. Students have access to myTNCC, Navigate, and transcripts via Parchment. Students should sign up for advising appointments through Navigate. Advising staff and additional information are available on the Thomas Nelson Advising page;
- Registration for summer and fall classes is now open. Services including registration and tuition payments are available online. Summer term courses will be delivered virtually, or through alternative delivery methods;
- College events and mass gatherings of 10 or more individuals are now cancelled until at least June 10, unless amended or rescinded by further executive order;
- Thomas Nelson Veteran Services continues to follow guidelines from the U.S. Department of Veterans Services which assures that GI Bill payments will not be interrupted. For clarity, please see the College's responses to frequently asked questions at https://tncc.edu/sites/default/files/content-documents/FAQ_VeteranServices_COVID19.pdf;
- All Virginia Community College commencement ceremonies are cancelled. Thomas Nelson is exploring ways to celebrate the accomplishments of the Class of 2020. Additional information about these plans will be announced.
This is a very fluid public health situation. Thomas Nelson applauds the efforts of students, faculty and staff for working together and being flexible to ensure the success of our students during this time. As reminder to all, one of the most important ways to safeguard personal and community health and safety is proper hand washing.
Please see a CDC supported video at https://youtu.be/fgBla7RepXU for information on recommended techniques for hand washing and more. Take care of yourselves and remain patient during this time.
Keep up with the latest news related to COVID-19 and Thomas Nelson by visiting tncc.edu and the Thomas Nelson Emergency Preparedness page.