Learn all about cars. Every car owner will need repairs and maintenance sooner or later. Become the person car owners turn to with a Certificate in Automotive Technology.
The curriculum includes courses in fuel and ignition systems, automotive suspension and braking systems, steering, alignment, climate control and more. Thomas Nelson’s garage on the Hampton campus offers these lessons in an exciting and hands-on environment.
Students who complete this program will be prepared for entry-level employment and advancement in the automotive repair field. Students will be ready for several positions, including:
- automotive service technicians and mechanics
- electrical and electronics installers and repairers (transportation equipment)
- electronic equipment installers and repairers (motor vehicles)
- tire repairers and changers
- fleet service technicians
- specialty equipment upfitters
Learn more about a career in this field, how much it typically pays, what the demand is, and how your education can help you become qualified.
For the most up-to-date information about this program, including courses, credits, and other requirements, please refer to our College Catalog.