In partnership with Williamsburg area chefs and restaurants, Thomas Nelson offers a unique opportunity to students interested in stepping into the restaurant, commercial, and non-commercial food service industries.
ChefsGO 1.0 is a certificate program that includes 11 weeks of classroom and kitchen training taught by renowned local chefs, followed by three months of paid work experience in one of several participating restaurants.
Classes are interactive and intensive, equipping students with foundational culinary techniques and knowledge. Students will be introduced to everything from knife skills to preparing sauces and soups, proper kitchen sanitation to food storage and much more.
Cooking skills and restaurant experience are not required. Scholarship opportunities available.
Next session begins March 2019
- Program Application
- Technical Requirements
- LAST CHANCE APPLICATIONS DUE FEBRUARY 1.
- You will need to attend a mandatory info session/interview
- Please contact us today to begin your pathway to a culinary career
- Open to any Peninsula resident (must be 18 years of age by September 1, 2019 to participate).
- Culinary Foundations Training, March 4 - May 15, Monday, Tuesdays and Wednesdays from 3 - 7 p.m.
- Student Mentorships, May 16 - August 15
For more information please contact Phoebe Williams at email@example.com or (757) 345-2823.
"ChefsGO 1.0 is a career opportunity for interested applicants 18 years old or older to explore the basic foundation of Culinary Arts. Thought and designed by highly skilled local professionals, the program will touch on all basic academic and culinary skill sets preparing the individuals for possible entry positions in the Hospitality arena."
Register for classes online using the Thomas Nelson Workforce Development registration system.