In-demand skills. Join the excitement with Thomas Nelson’s Electrical Engineering Technology program where you can learn to keep up with ever-growing technological advancements.
This associate degree program will equip students to pursue career options ranging from electrical system technology, fiber optic installations, PLCs (programmable logic controllers), and field operation. Students will work with faculty that possess industrial experience, which is shared in the classroom. Several design projects are incorporated into every course to apply real-world as well as virtual software applications to knowledge acquired.
Thomas Nelson’s Electrical Engineering Technology program will prepare you not only for immediate employment but also to use this knowledge to continue your education at a four-year institution via our articulation agreements. Graduates who earn degrees in this field become Technicians/Technologists in:
- Robotics, factory automation, communications
- Shipbuilding, aviation, automotive
- Design technicians for small proto-board applications
- Audio/Video Equipment Technicians
- Computer hardware and network specialists
- Automated assembly equipment technician
- Programmable Logic Control (PLC) specialists
- Telecommunication line installers/repairers
- Electronic equipment design assemblers/troubleshooters
Learn more about a career in this field, how much it typically pays, what the demand is, and how your education can help you become qualified.
For the most up-to-date information about this program, including courses, credits, and other requirements, please refer to our College Catalog.