Earn your GED and college credit in months
If you are between the ages of 18-24 and need to earn your GED, Middle College is for you! This educational and career training program is offered to young adults who did not complete high school. In less than eight weeks, students can earn a GED, enroll in College and begin training for an in-demand career.
Don't miss this opportunity. Pursue Your Dreams.
Middle College participants are given the opportunity to:
- Obtain a GED®
- Enroll at Virginia Peninsula Community College and earn up to five college credits
- Earn a Virginia's Career Readiness Certificate (bronze, silver or gold) credential
- Explore career paths and obtain short-term occupational training in fields including Welding, HVAC, Medical Coding, Automotive, Carpentry, and more
- Enhance basic workplace readiness skills, helping to develop responsible, well-trained young adults who are ready to enter the business world
The Enrollment Process
To be considered for enrollment in Middle College, an applicant must be between the ages of 18-24 and meet the following criteria:
- Score 9.0 or higher on the Middle College Placement Test (TABE)
- Complete a Middle College application and essay
- Complete Virginia Peninsula Community College's application for admission
- Interview with the Middle College Director and Leadership Team
Contact Middle College…Your Step to Success
Middle College is located at the Peninsula Workforce Development at 600 Butler Farm Road, adjacent to the Virginia Peninsula Community College Hampton campus and at the Virginia Peninsula Historic Triangle campus, 4601 Opportunity Way in Williamsburg.
To get started, contact Middle College Director Franz Albertini at (757) 825-4077 or firstname.lastname@example.org