The Early College Program is a partnership between Thomas Nelson and two school divisions, Newport News Public Schools and Williamsburg – James City County Schools. Eligible high school seniors begin college coursework during the fall semester at their high school and transition to the campus of Thomas Nelson in the spring to continue their studies.
- Speak with your high school counselor regarding participation requirements and eligibility
- Complete an online admission application. Upon submission, you will receive a Thomas Nelson student ID number. Please make note of this number for future use.
- Demonstrate college readiness through the completion of the Virginia Placement Test or submission of applicable standardized test scores. Please speak with your counselor regarding possible testing dates.
- Complete and submit the appropriate registration forms in the fall return in to your instructor before the registration deadline
- Attend Early College Advisement Nights at your home high school to ensure you are properly advised and registered for your courses in the spring
- Attend Early College Orientation to confirm resources and courses
For additional information on Early College, please contact the following:
Newport News Public Schools
Kathy DiMarino, Coordinator for Secondary School Leadership
Warhill High School
Ella Knight, Counselor
(757) 565-4615 ext. 11007
Jamestown High School
Jessica Switzer, Lead Counselor
(757) 259-3600 ext. 311121
Lafayette High School
Leigh Pottle, Lead Counselor
(757) 565-0373 ext. 32208