The Early College Program is a partnership between Thomas Nelson and three school divisions – Newport News Public Schools, Williamsburg/James City County Schools, and the York County School Division. Eligible high school seniors begin college coursework during the fall semester at their high school and transition to the campus of Thomas Nelson in the spring to continue their studies.
- Speak with your high school counselor regarding participation requirements and eligibility
- Complete an online admission application. Upon submission, you will receive a Thomas Nelson student ID number. Please make note of this number for future use.
- Demonstrate college readiness according to the requirements of your high school’s Early College Program.
- Complete a Dual Enrollment In-School Registration Form provided by your high school and return to your high school Early College contact.
- Attend Early College Advisement Nights at your home high school to ensure you are properly advised and registered for your courses in the spring
- Attend Early College Orientation to confirm resources and courses
For additional information on Early College, please contact the following:
Newport News Public Schools
Kathy DiMarino, Coordinator for Secondary School Leadership
Warhill High School
Charna Moss-Gregory, Lead Counselor
Jamestown High School
Jessica Switzer, Lead Counselor
Lafayette High School
Kati Rutherford, Lead Counselor
York County Schools
Jessica Harless, Coordinator of Online Learning, Secondary Instruction