In-school Dual Enrollment provides high school students the opportunity to pursue college-level coursework at their high school while also earning high school credit.
- Speak with your high school guidance counselor regarding dual enrollment opportunities at your school prior to your junior or senior year course planning to verify that this is an option.
- Complete an online admission application. Upon submission, you will receive a Thomas Nelson student ID number. Please make note of this number for future use.
- Demonstrate college readiness through the completion of the Virginia Placement Test or submission of applicable standardized test scores. Please speak with your counselor regarding possible testing dates.
- Complete and submit the appropriate registration forms each semester and return in to your instructor before the registration deadline. These forms will be given to you by your instructor.
- Registration forms must have the appropriate signatures or it will be deemed incomplete. Documentation of parental permission is required for all dual enrollment students.
Late submission of documents will result in a student not being registered for the requested course(s). Unfortunately, a student cannot be enrolled in a course after the specified registration deadline has passed.