Network+ Certified Professional – 54 hours/ 5.4 CEUs
The Network+ certification is targeted for individuals with at least 9 months of experience in network administration, support, implementation and troubleshooting.
Earning the Network+ certification shows that you possess the knowledge needed to configure and operate a variety of networking products. Job responsibilities include basic network administration, support, implementation and troubleshooting. This course prepares you for the CompTIA Network+ Exam.
This 54-hour course uses the official CompTIA curriculum and is taught by experienced & certified professionals. Successful completion of A+ Certified Technician or equivalent is required before enrolling in Network+ Certified Professional course. Participant must submit a waiver request letter with transcript copy, resume, and or credential copy to the Office of Workforce Credentials & Continuing Education, 600 Butler Farm Rd, Hampton, VA 23666 or fax (757) 825-2960. Email scans can be emailed to Program coordinator Nick Pierce at firstname.lastname@example.org. Required textbook and one exam voucher are included.
Here are some of the key skills certified CompTIA Network+ professionals can exhibit:
- Manage and troubleshoot a basic network infrastructure.
- Install, operate and configure wired and wireless networks.
- Identify and explain common networking protocols and ports.
- Identify and troubleshoot performance and connectivity issues.
- Install, configure and differentiate between common network devices.
- Describe networking technologies and basic network design principles.
- Adhere to wiring standards and use the latest network testing tools.