- This contest is open to all currently enrolled Thomas Nelson students, both full and part-time
Entering the Contest
- Entries must be received by 11:59 p.m. on October 31, 2019 to be considered for a prize
- Entries must be original compositions
- The contest has four categories for entries:
- Short Story
- Creative Non-Fiction
- Scholarly Writing
Each category has its own submission form (see links below).
- Students may submit up to one entry in each of the four categories
- Please do not attach multiple entries to one form
- Entries should be attached to the submission form as a doc.x or .rtf file. If you have a Mac, please convert your file to doc.x by exporting and choosing that format for your export
- The attachment must be anonymous (do not include your name in the document or the file name)
- Submit entries via the submission forms below:
Judging and Awards
A panel of Thomas Nelson faculty judges the contest. Review the judging criteria for each category.
The judges award prizes for first and second place in each category, for a total of eight winners, as well as honorable mentions at the judges’ discretion.
- First Prize: $100
- Second Prize: $75
Announcement of Winners
Winners will be notified by email by December 1, 2019. The names of the winners and the winning entries will be posted on the Thomas Nelson Website. Winners must complete necessary paperwork with the office of Student Life and Leadership to claim prizes.
Please contact Daliborka C. Padon at with any additional questions.